Latinitas

LatinitasMagazine.org - A Strong Voice for Latina Youth

"One of my best friends sometimes lacks hope and belief in herself. She complains about how she doesn't think she can complete certain things. Whenever I try toencourage her, she tunes me out and is 'hard headed.' I want her to not worry and always have faith in herself. Any suggestions?"

Views: 272

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Send her little love notes, not intimate but supportive. Include her. Don't tell her what to do, show her and try to help her realize her worth on her own. She'll know her worth once she has had the opportunity to do something for herself.

My best cousin is the same way. Sometimes she gets down on herself and always mentions stuff that she doesn't like about herself. I never try to add to those kind of comments she makes and I just always talk to her about other stuff and talk about stuff that she is good at and how funny she is and smart (she is always making me laugh and always committed to her studies) I hope that she learns to stop looking at the bad and focus on the good.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

About

Latinitas created this Ning Network.

Links: Connect with Latinitas

Can't get enough of Latinitas.
Read the magazine: LatinitasMagazine.org

Get an RSS feed of our latest updates.
Find us on MySpace.
Connect on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter!
Check our Youtube Channel.
Listen to our Podcast.
View our Flickr gallery.
Sign-up for our Enews.
Visit our blog.

Post questions & get Advice.
Post a blog.

View the Latinitas Video Tutorials to learn how to participate in our community.

Report abuse or problems to the moderator.

Read More From Latinitas

© 2018   Created by Latinitas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service