Blogging Tips: Do’s and Don’ts
If you have limited blogging experience or simply don’t know how to post blog, here are some helpful instructions and hints provided by Sonia Rangel.
Instructions to post a blog:
- Log onto www.MyLatinitas.com.
- Click on the Blogs tab at the top of the navigation bar.
- Click on the Add a Blog Post link at the top of the page.
- Enter a title in the Post Title text box.
- Enter the tags at the bottom of the blog post text box. These are keywords that describe your blog and will help readers search for your blog
- Complete the blog publication section by answering the questions at the bottom of the blog post (date, privacy and comments, who can comment, etc.).
- Click on the Publish Post button and you're all done.
Always remember to be net-safe, don’t be careless and post information that is offensive, an attack on someone, or information that can cause harm or danger to you or someone else. Follow these tips and you will be an expert bloguera:
- Blog what you know: blog about yourself, your dreams, education, what you want to be when you grow up.
- Have fun! Blogging gives you writing practice.
- Remember our audience and our mission. We are dedicated to empowering young Latinas. Keep it teen-friendly.
- Take a look at MyLatinitas and check out the featured blogs for some inspiration.
- Do not post personal addresses, phone numbers, or user names unless directly quoting an expert or someone you interviewed for your entry.
- Avoid blogging about the latest personal gossip, who your current boyfriend is, or what you heard about the guy the head cheerleader’s dating.
- Don’t state false facts, back up your opinion with data, numbers, or articles you find online.
- Don’t forget to credit your sources like you would in an article or essay.
Have any questions or would like to recommend a blogging idea? Submit them in the comments below.