If there is something I will deeply blog about is careers. Thanks to dedication, effort and talking to the right people; I have had the opportunity to graduate from University with two careers at age 20. After graduation, I moved to Spain for work and now currently work and live in Berlin, Germany. At this moment I feel like I have learned so much from myself, specially being so far away from my family at such a young age has helped grow up and carry myself as a confident young adult. I would like to share with you some of the useful career tips I have picked up. This first blog post will give you a list; following will be blog posts with activities that will help you understand this career path better.
It is time to have more successful young Latinas in the business!
1. Know who you are: We are young but it does not mean that we are naïve. When we go shopping with our friends we know which shoes are us and which are not. This is a start! Make a list of your likes and dislikes.
2. Learn from your parents’ jobs: Ask your mom and dad to take you to work one day. Girls, especially Latinas learn from feelings and emotions. Keep a journal of your day, followed by your feelings at that moment.
3. Stay focused: We all know how easy it is to get distracted by the boyfriend or anything that might seem fun for a short time. You have to keep an eye on the finish line or someone else will get there before you.
4. Latinas are cute and sophisticated: Congratulations girls! Being a Latina is exotic and interesting! Let’s use this for our advantage, and I mean it in a professional way. I have found that more successful professionals are willing to share their business success with young, interesting girls, than professionals who might steal their ideas.
5. Volunteering gets you in touch with the right people: As Latinas, we have the natural gift of being humble and giving to others. We are warm at heart and people love our humanity, let’s share our love for the world!
I’m really excited to share career tips and activities! I will do them with you and I hope you have fun!