Don't have a lot of cash this holiday season. Here are a few ways for you to spread the holiday cheer without spending a lot of dinero...
CREATE YOUR GIFT
1. Create a Slideshow: Gather photos of your friends and create a slideshow or video. You can use a site like slide.com or photobucket.com to make a cute slideshow with graphics, sparkle and music. Email it out to your friends to bring a smile to their face during the holidays. If you have software like iMovie or Movie Maker installed on your computer, you can make a video slideshow.
2. Design a Photo Collage: Get a large frame and then fill it with pictures that capture your memories with your loved ones. You can go to a discount store and find inexpensive frames.
3. Create a Cocoa Mix: Get your favorite hot chocolate mix and put it in a decorative jar. You can add some fun toppings like marshmallows.
4. Make a Mix CD: Put together a CD with your friends fav songs.
5. Make a Treat Bag: Put a bunch of sweet treats in a holiday plastic bag. If you bake, you can make cookies, browines, cupcakes or other sweets for you loved ones. You can also make a bag with candies or chocolate. This is great for anyone with a sweet tooth.
6. Share your Time: You can create a coupon book to give to your parents. On each coupon, you can write something that you will help with. For example, one babysitting session with a little brother, washing dishes for a week, etc.
MAKE IT A PARTY
1. Host a Gift Exchange: Instead of giving a gift to every friend, organize a gift exchange with your amigas. Have each person pick one name our of a box that they will buy a gift for. This way you don't have to feel pressured to buy something for everyone.
2. Organize a Cookie Party: Get a group of friends together and ask everyone to bake a 12 cookies. Then, everyone can get together to swap cookies. This is a great way to share sweet treats during the holidays.
3. Have a White Elephant Gift Exchange: Gather your friends and ask everyone to bring one gift that is silly or tacky. People can bring gently used items or just re-gift something. Everyone picks a number out of a box and they get to pick their item from under the tree. One person's unwanted gift can be perfect for someone else.
4. Organize an Ornament Exchange: Get your friends together to exchange ornaments. Each person can buy or create an ornament and then everyone can exchange.