I'm not sure if there are words to describe how phenomenally crazy the year 2012 was for me. At least it feels like there aren't any. It was like my favorite song of the past school semester, "Rollercoaster of Love" performed by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. There were huge peaks in this rollercoaster where I almost flew out of my seat and lost all control. It was "no bueno" and you know what that leads too. Then, there was the adrenaline rush and the high hopes. Finally, there was the the sereneness of the ride. The parts of the ride where you sit and everything seems just right for a second. There was pain but there was also love.
Growing up ain't easy Latinitas. Life is hard but it is also beautiful. I continue my journey trying to find the meaning to life, my life. It's probably something I shouldn't do but I'm only human. It's all cliché but essential. And, in the end, I'm probably going to discover that what I was trying to find was in front of me all along. Until then, it's okay to seek self-fulfillment, joy, and true happiness.
My 2013 Resolutions include but are not limited to :
1. Be Healthy - Eat better, have a healthy low-fat diet, don't consume, and exercise regularly.
2. Respect Yourself/ Love Yourself/ I am #1
3. Believe in Love <3
4. Relax - "Take it Easy." Take on one day at a time.
5. Get a new job while you finish my master's degree and after surgery recovery.
6. Enjoy your friends.
7. Start Dating.
8. Get my master's report published and get paid for it.
9. Start off my career right after graduating.
10. Remember who I am and what I've already accomplished.
11. Keep connected with my family and remember to fill them in on my life.
12. Be a natural feminist. Be myself and forget all the radical babble.
When it comes down to it, I'm the one who decided to ride the rollercoaster. I'm in control of my future and the experiences I will encounter. Stuff happens sometimes but it can be less threatening depending on my attitude. I love myself and so I will do everything in my power to make sure this life is everything I want it to be.