After enduring 12-14 hour rehearsals since Saturday, I am overtly excited for the show to finally open. Why am I excited? For the audience to finally see the final product? No, well, yes.. but I'm more excited to sleep. Yes. SLEEP. The other day I thought I fell asleep with my makeup, when in reality the "dark shadow" underneath my eyes were caused by the lack of sleep. Today was my day off and I was really anxious to get a lot of the YEAB stuff out of the way, well... that didn't go as planned. I woke up late, ate breakfast, and drifted in and out of naps for the majority of the day. I couldn't help it. I got home around 5am last night, because I left the canyon around 3:00 am and ate at IHop afterwards. The canyon is 30-40 minutes away, depending on traffic, from my house, hence the large time gap. I've been getting home past 2:00 am, sometimes 3am, lately. The hours aren't tiring, it's the whole working in 107+F weather that drains me. The prop room is like a sauna.
I have a constant debate with myself on whether or not I am more hungry than sleepy. Sleep wins a good chunk of the time. I haven't really seen my family, minus my brother, for two weeks because everyone is asleep or not here by the time I arrive, leave, or wake up. Funny story... my cat is mad at me. Apparently me being gone for so long signifies abandonment, what the...? Weirdo. Then he gets over it and decides to stalk me around the house, which I find amusing.
My top memorable VIVA! moments so far:
1. "Is your trunk spacious? I need to transport the body to the canyon. I have all the body parts, I just need the arm to complete the dead body." -- me talking about moving the Chief prop to the canyon.
2. Reading a script from 1978 and 1979. Interesting to see how much the show has evolved.
3. Me to the new tech helping pre-set Western: "You kill me with a set piece, I promise you that I will come back and haunt you and it won't be pretty."
4. Me: "Don't leave your Earth staff things in the basket." Dancer/Friend: "I was kind of hoping you wouldn't notice...." Me: "Really? I wouldn't notice two giant sticks with leaves sticking out from underneath the machetes????!!!!" Dancer/Friend: " *hangs head in shame* I know... sorry!!!!"
5. Apparently I can remove and release a snake or a tarantula, but a small jumping spider has me screaming like a freaking girl. By screaming I really mean, "DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! AHH, SPIDER!!!!!! [inappropriate language]" I freaked out when it would jump.