This is my arm. Isn't it lovely? I'm only joking. It's just an arm. But these bracelets I'm wearing are special to me because they each have a story.
From top to bottom these are the meanings accompanying each bracelet.
- The colorful wooden beaded bracelet was a gift from one of my adorable Filipino exchange students, Dana, who shadowed me around school for a week. She is a great friend. Although she is thousands of miles away, I have a piece of here with me in California.
- The a black bracelet with the word "Dagupan", was a gift from my other adorable Filipino exchange student, April. She and the rest of the students came from a city called Dagupan.
- The next to bracelets represent the countries by parents come from. My mother is from Mexico and my father is from El Salvador. I've only been to Mexico...So much family.... To recall them all would require pen and paper or else I'd surely miss a dozen people. Once I graduate from high school I plan to explore El Salvador.
- The pink bracelet is my bracelet. I chose at an Aztec Festival in San Jose to remember the day. Also, because it is pretty&pink.
- The final bracelet is a dream catcher, in my favorite color, ORANGE :D. When I was purchasing it, I was hoping that it would work and stop those bad dreams from forming in my head.
They are memories from my past. They are my precious treasures which I hope never to lose.
What are some of your little treasures? Is there anything you wear which carries a backstory?